Join the team.
This is a full-time role working from Monday – Friday reporting to the Design Development Manager.
You will be based at Alma Park, Woodway Lane, Claybrooke Parva, LE17 5FB with additional travel as and when required by the business.
- Take approved visuals/concepts and produce 3D models and detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Liaise closely with colleagues throughout projects to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved.
- Receive project briefings directly from the client when required.
- Ensure projects are designed to budget, actively looking for and promoting cost-saving and sustainable opportunities.
- Provide drawings/sketches to assembly/manufacturing problems for estimation purposes.
- Manage the build and completion of your prototypes, ensuring the unit is presented to the client on time.
- Visit factories both in the UK and abroad as needed to verify display construction, specifications and quality.
- Ensure project documentation adheres to company defined processes – detailed BOM’s, QC guide lines, technical specification sheets and assembly diagrams.
- Work closely with project managers to develop the appropriate combination of design and supplier, ensuring that designs meet the manufacturing capabilities of the supply base.
Skills & Experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in POP and Retail Design.
- 3D Design degree/ mechanical engineering degree or relevant industry experience.
- A thorough and demonstrable knowledge and experience in designing for manufacturing displays across a variety of substrates.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and Microsoft packages essential, experience of Illustrator, Photoshop & sketching ability is an advantage.
- Self-motivated with good initiative and a positive approach to problem solving / lateral thinking.
- A good communicator with the ability to express ideas clearly.
- Highly organised with good time management.
- Good attention to detail, ensuring compliance and correct completion of all processes.
- Highly motivated with a sense of humour and good interpersonal skills to benefit during pressured periods.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary.
Should this role be of interest to you please forward your CV along with a covering letter/email stating why you believe you would be suitable for the role, please include your current/expectations of Salary and details of current notice period. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.